After watching “Pretty Woman” earlier I forgot how many of the lines I like, for comedy value, real life value or romantic value. So decided to compose a top 10 list of quotes from the movie. If you are a reader of my blog you should already know that I am a big fan of both Julia Roberts and Richard Gere. This was actually more difficult than I thought it would be, because yes I am that sad and love this movie so much.
10. Edward: “You and I are such similar creatures Vivian. We both screw people for money.”
A funny comparison came from Edward, showing that they are indeed more alike than you first think.
9. [At the beginning of the evening]
Vivian: “In case I forget to tell you later, I had a really good time tonight.”
I really thought this was so sweet, innocent but also rather amusing at the same time. As her feminine charm got her through, also showing that she was not used to actually going on proper dates.
8. Old Lady at Opera: “Did you like the opera, dear?”
Vivian: “It was so good, I almost peed my pants!”
Edward: “She said she liked it better than Pirates of Penzance.”
A totally hilarious moment of Edward managing to cover up what Vivian said.
7.Vivian: “I’m gonna treat you so nice, you’re never gonna let me go.”
Ooo how true this line proved to be!!!
6.Vivian: [after Edward catches her singing along to Kiss] “Don’t you just love Prince?”
Edward : “More than life itself.”
This whole scene is just fantastic, in the bath tub singing along to Kiss by Prince unaware that Edward is watching her.
5.Edward: “I never treated you like a prostitute.”
Vivian: “You just did.”
This line is really sad as it was when she decided to leave early after he offered to “put her up” somewhere and pretty much pay for her.
4. Vivian: “When I was a little girl, my mama used to lock me in the attic when I was bad, which was pretty often. And I would- I would pretend I was a princess… trapped in a tower by a wicked queen. And then suddenly this knight… on a white horse with these colors flying would come charging up and draw his sword. And I would wave. And he would climb up the tower and rescue me. But never in all the time… that I had this dream did the knight say to me, “Come on, baby, I’ll put you up in a great condo.”
Just shows all little girls hope and want the same thing really.
3. [Kit is trying to cheer up Vivian]
Vivian: “Tell me one person who it’s worked out for.”
Kit: “What, you want me to name someone? You want like a name? Oh, God, the pressure of a name… I got it. Cindafuckin’rella”
This is just a brilliant moment between the two friends.
2. Vivian: I want the fairy tale.
Doesnt everyone deep down really want the fairy tale ending? and hope it actually happens . . .
1. Shop assistant: “Hello, can I help you?”
Vivian: “I was in here yesterday, you wouldn’t wait on me.”
Shop assistant: “Oh.”
Vivian: “You people work on commission, right?”
Shop assistant: “Yeah.”
Vivian: “Big mistake. Big. Huge. I have to go shopping now.”
Best lines and best moment in the movie really as Vivian gets her own back on the rude shop assistant. With Pretty Woman playing in the background. Brilliant.