Always nice to see the stars arriving on the red carpet!
I absolutely adore seeing Jonathan Pryce on the red carpet with Glenn Close! Not forgetting my favourite Richard E. Grant!
Even though the Golden Globes are no longer Broadcast in the UK, I was just looking on Twitter at the arrivals on the Red Carpet and could not help but post this one of one of my favourite actresses Catherine Zeta Jones. Her dress really does look like something out of Chicago!
I mean who even cares anymore? This has happened already ❤ got to love Kate and Leo still having such an amazing friendship after all of this time! Both nominated tonight and hopefully winners!
Read More »
Keep checking back for my live thoughts on the host, presenters and winners of each award! I am confident of staying awake this year!!!
Read More »
A trip down the red carpet before the Oscar ceremony. Often the red carpet is more important than the actually show for fashion reasons.
My favorite dress had to be Reese Witherspoons, so elegant.
Read More »
Live updates with my thoughts on the 2011 Oscars!
- Well I made the decision to watch E! for the red carpet coverage, which I have no idea if it was a good thing or a bad thing. Ready for the Oscar ceremony to start on Sky Movies.
- Alec Baldwin included in the opening scenes with James Franco and Anne Hathaway. Appearing in all the best picture nominees. Brilliant start!
- Ahhh Morgan Freeman making a little appearance too!
- Very clever editing Franco and Hathaway into the films!
- Hugh Jackman looked like he wanted to be back on the stage!
- Getting the parents and grandparents involved. Very funny! Especially Franco’s grandmother saying Marky Mark! Mark Wahlberg, love it!
- A look back at ‘Gone with the Wind’ the ultimate classic ❤
- Tom Hanks presenting ART DIRECTION – WINNER – Alice in Wonderland
- CINEMATOGRAPHY – WINNER – Inception
- Credit given to Christopher Nolan!
- Awww Kirk Douglas! Standing ovation for him. He’s just incredible for his age. Very funny with both Franco and Hathaway. Struggling to speak bless him!
- BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS – WINNER – MELISSA LEO for The Fighter
- Now for a very over the top speech . . . Or maybe not, she actually sounds very nervous. Just dropped the f-word too.
- Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis presenting. Timberlake claiming to be Banksy!
- BEST ANIMATED SHORT FILM – WINNER – THE LOST THING
- BEST ANIMATED FEATURE – WINNER – Toy Story 3
- Hathaway talking about the very first Academy Awards
- Presenters Josh Brolin and Javier Bardem . . . wearing old school white tux’s.
- BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY – WINNER – The Social Network – Aaron Sorkin
- BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY – WINNER – The King’s Speech – David Seidler
- Oldest person to win that award, he hopes its broken quickly and often.
- Hathaway performing musical number, directed at Hugh Jackman . . . Using ‘On My Own’ from Les Mis. Franco comes on in a very pink dress. Charlie Sheen joke!
- Helen Mirren and Russell Brand presenting
- BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM – WINNER – IN A BETTER WORLD (DENMARK)
- Reese Witherspoon presenting. BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR – WINNER – CHRISTIAN BALE for The Fighter
- He actually sounds rather nervous with his speech, Dicky Eklund is there too 🙂 Very emotional in his speech, especially towards his wife and daughter.
- Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman presenting . . . Aussie rules!
- BEST ORIGINAL SCORE – WINNER – THE SOCIAL NETWORK
- SOUND MIXING – WINNER – INCEPTION
- SOUND EDITING – WINNER – INCEPTION
The Independent Spirit Awards took place tonight, some pictures from the arrivals on the red carpet.
Read More »