Well the newest craze hitting the blogosphere has been 10 movie facts about me a meme. Andy from Fandango Groovers so kindly tagged me to post 10 movie facts. Love it! This will all be off the top of my head, so I have no idea which direction it will head in (if any). Big shout out to who originally started this post, we really are feeling the love in the movie blogging world over the past few weeks and I think it really is just brilliant.
1. I am a total geek when it comes to going to the cinema, as I keep the tickets from every film I go to see. This helps when myself and friends argue about the last film we saw in a certain screen (from 1-11 in our local cinema).
2. The first film I ever saw at the cinema was Aladdin which would have made me 4 or 5 (depending on UK release date) and I am pretty sure I went to see it twice.
3. I can remember a hell of a lot of film quotes and find myself telling them to people in certain situations, often to help them feel better.
4. I have hundreds and hundreds of DVDs. Some of which have been watched lots and lots of times (Lord of the Rings, Julia Roberts films . . . ) and some have been watched once (Hope Springs is one I can think of off the top of my head) and about 25 have never been watched and on my must watch list.
5. I am extremely pleased that I suddenly decided to start this blog one day as it has allowed me to meet a lot of interesting people through there blogs, getting involved in blogging events and encouraging me to really think about some films whilst writing reviews and even paying closer attention when watching them. To say the least it has become somewhat a hobby.
6. Every now and then I have an actor of the moment which causes me to dive into their past work, often buying more DVDs. Over the years this has happened with Richard Gere, George Clooney, Brad Pitt and most recently Daniel Craig (thank you Casino Royale !!!).
7. My feel good, never fails to put a smile on my face movie is “The Sound of Music” possibly my most watched film EVER. As I grew up watching it and still love it to this day. I always thought Julie Andrews was the most perfect speaking woman.
8. I have a Cineworld cinema pass which I think is the best 13.50 a month to come out of my bank account! Unlimited cinema for that much a month really is something else. I do my best to go twice a week maybe more if loads of different films are out.
9. As I have probably mentioned before I never read a review before I see the film. The furthest I will go when reading a paper with a review in is looking to see how many stars they gave the review – as this doesn’t often make it very obvious how the film goes. But after I have seen a film and wrote my review, I will then read what other people thought of the film.
10. My friends and family often ask me if I have seen certain films and what I thought of them. It’s not very often I actually tell people a film is bad unless I wanted to turn it off or leave the cinema. I don’t often do that because I find that everyone has different opinions so something I hate they may love and vice versa.
Well there we go 10 random movie facts about me!!!