I thought after seeing the film on Thursday and still buzzing about it, since bought a t-shirt and a new POP figure to add to my collection. I thought this quote was very poignant due to the current state of our world and the events that have happened in recent weeks in the UK and spanning the past few years around the world.
Read More »
Continuing on with the Jack Nicholson themed posts over the weekend I thought I would finish with just one more! Looking at some of my favourite of his lines from different films!
Read More »
I wasn’t going to mention that it is Valentine’s Day . . . Honest. But every year I cannot help but come up with something to post about. Last year I went for it with some huge posts and put together 100 Romantic Films but if you are more cynical than that here is a Top 10 of Anti Valentine’s Day Films!
No better way to start off than with this incredibly amazing (and soppy) quote from one of my all time favourite films ever. You cannot help but love When Harry Met Sally!
Read More »
My 15 year celebration for Fellowship of the Ring continues with 15 incredible quotes!
Read More »
With the up and coming release of Bridget Jones’s Baby I thought I would put together a list of my favourite quotes from the previous two films, Bridget Jones Diary and Bridget Jones: Edge of Reason. The first film I remember not enjoying when I first saw it but grew on me in time for Edge of Reason. Not forgetting starting my love for Colin Firth, oh Mark Darcy!
The thing with Bridget Jones is that it takes a pretty normal woman and that means everyone will be able to relate with some of the stupid things she says and/or does. It is very British at times as well, which just makes it even better. I read the two books many years ago, they really are written in such a fantastic way!
Read More »
Ok so I have slightly caved and decided to admit for at least this blog post that I am a romantic at heart . . . by making a list of love movie quotes that I would love a man to say to me! But I had decided not to place them in a 1-10 order, as they are all in the list for the same reason of thinking that it would be just lovely for a man to say them to me. Yes some are very cheesy! But I guess I do have to conform at some point for some Valentine’s Day slushiness!!!
“You complete me” (Jerry Maguire, 1996)
Who wouldn’t want a man to inform them that you complete them . . . not something that they are going to tell you ever day. As corny as this is, I still love it!
Read More »
Well my original plan was to have this top 10 done and out on Valentine’s Day mainly because tragic love stories where people don’t end up together seem to be more of a reality than the rom-com’s with the whole cliché of they lived happily ever after the end. I decided to make a long list of possible films which I could have put in my top 10 list.
In the list you will find many different love stories but all a lot shorter than they should have been.
Casablanca, Gone with the Wind, The Bridges of Madison County, Splendor In The Grass, Titanic, Brokeback Mountain, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Romeo & Juliet, City of Angels, Ghost, Love Story, A Walk to Remember, (500) Days of Summer, Phantom of the Opera and The Way We Were.
Tragic Love Stories: Part 2
WARNING: This post contains spoilers!!!
Read More »
I was going to make a hundred ways you know your obsessed with movies when . . . but I decided not to put a number on it and see how many I could come up with. If you have anymore to add to the list leave a comment and they will be added. Lets see how many we can come up with!
- You have a movie blog
- You attend the cinema at least twice a week (sometimes more)
- You always know what films are released each week
- You have a Cineworld Unlimited Card
- You can quote hundreds of movies
- You own hundreds of DVDs
- You mention movie scenes in everyday conversation
- You have your favorite actors/actresses
- Your friends/family ask your advice on movies before watching them
- You read lots of other movie blogs
- You comment on other movie blogs
- You are a member of the LAMB
- When you hear certain songs they remind you of a movie scene
- You have inside jokes at the cinema
- You get excited when the Orange film adverts change
- You want to watch all of the films nominated for awards before the awards shows
- You know that in March until June/July that its mainly bad films which come out
- You have seen most of the best picture Oscar winning pictures
- You have guilty pleasure films
- You have lists of your top films split into lots of different categories
- You have attempted or attempting to write your own screenplay
- If your watching a boring film you begin to wonder how your going to review it
- You do not read reviews before you have seen the movie
- You can be biased if your favorite actors/actresses are in a movie
- You are shocked when people say they haven’t seen some of the most well known films
- You look forward to the Oscars so you can complain about the winners when you disagree
- A film which has won the best picture Oscar is a must see. You have to check if it deserved to win
- IMDb is your main source for the latest information
To be continued as thats all I can think of right now.
Comment with your suggestions.
You know what its like, theres a moment in a movie when you totally feel for the character because you can see some of yourself in them and just know you would react the way in which they do. So I decided to make a little list using icons to help explain it all.
I will start with Bridget Jones . . . picking the wrong guy and doing really stupid things, yep that sounds about right, haha. And yes I have drunk a bottle of wine to myself on a few ocassions, like a virgin is my karoke song . . .
Iris from “The Holiday” played by Kate Winslet. Had such an awful time with a certain guy, she even gets a holiday exchange to get away from him, haha. But yes I could so feel her pain at times knew exactly hows she was feeling.
Charlotte in Lost in Translation . . . I just really have hit a crossroads in my life over the past couple of years and not sure at all what I am supposed to do.
Well I guess when looking at the icons those are the only three that I could find. So this will be part one, haha.
I have just come across this article: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/649651/10_movie_quotes_what_they_mean_and.html?cat=40
and found it very interesting.
I would class myself as one of those who know the movies they are attached to, and can quote quite a lot from different movies, haha. Yes I am that sad!
I think the 10 quotes which the author of that article choose to include were very good choices and could often be used in everyday life . . . yes you are now thinking frankly my dear I dont give a damn . . . yes that was a bad attempt at including a quote in there haha. But that quote actually does occur quite a lot in general conversation with myself and my family just because it is so well known, we all love “Gone with the Wind” as well.