As much as I love La La Land, I really do want to see BAFTA really honour I, Daniel Blake as thought it was a remarkable film. (Even if they did snub Dave Johns for the leading role)
ARRIVAL Dan Levine, Shawn Levy, David Linde, Aaron Ryder
I, DANIEL BLAKE Rebecca O’Brien
LA LA LAND Fred Berger, Jordan Horowitz, Marc Platt
MANCHESTER BY THE SEA Lauren Beck, Matt Damon, Chris Moore, Kimberly Steward, Kevin J. Walsh
MOONLIGHT Dede Gardner, Jeremy Kleiner, Adele Romanski
What I want to win – I, Daniel Blake (or La La Land)
What I think will win – La La Land
Read More »
20 Days to go until the 2011 Oscar ceremony, so I thought it was about time that I made the effort to actually post the nominations and my predictions for the awards as well. Looking forward to it this year and will be making the effort to stay up late to watch all the drama unfold!
- “Black Swan” Mike Medavoy, Brian Oliver and Scott Franklin, Producers
- “The Fighter” David Hoberman, Todd Lieberman and Mark Wahlberg, Producers
- “Inception” Emma Thomas and Christopher Nolan, Producers
- “The Kids Are All Right” Gary Gilbert, Jeffrey Levy-Hinte and Celine Rattray, Producers
- “The King’s Speech” Iain Canning, Emile Sherman and Gareth Unwin, Producers
- “127 Hours” Christian Colson, Danny Boyle and John Smithson, Producers
- “The Social Network” Scott Rudin, Dana Brunetti, Michael De Luca and Ceán Chaffin, Producers
- “Toy Story 3” Darla K. Anderson, Producer
- “True Grit” Scott Rudin, Ethan Coen and Joel Coen, Producers
- “Winter’s Bone” Anne Rosellini and Alix Madigan-Yorkin, Producers
Prediction: The King’s Speech
I think it has gained the most momentum leading up to the Oscars over the last few weeks. So I fancy it to pick up the big award.
Here are the nominations for this years BAFTA awards with my views and predictions. I really have a feeling that The King’s Speech will sweep the awards! My favorite two films within the nominations have to be “Inception” and “Black Swan” both incredible thought-provoking films. So I shall be rooting for them. Excellent to see “Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” getting some recognition!
|BLACK SWAN – Mike Medavoy, Brian Oliver, Scott Franklin
|INCEPTION – Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan
|THE KING’S SPEECH – Iain Canning, Emile Sherman, Gareth Unwin
|THE SOCIAL NETWORK – Scott Rudin, Dana Brunetti, Michael De Luca, Céan Chaffin
|TRUE GRIT – Scott Rudin, Ethan Coen, Joel Coen
If “The King’s Speech” does not take this award, which I think it will do. I would love to see Inception get some recognition in awards terms as it really has been one of the most talked about films in recent times.
Read More »
I am afraid this is going to be my last Oscars 2010 post until some red carpet pictures and the results and my opinions on who one, how the show went and the hosts Steve Martin and my man of the moment Alec Baldwin. As I cannot as originally planned stay up to watch he ceremony. 😦
Another downside to this years Oscars, I have not managed to see many of the nominated films. Some still have not appeared in my local cinema which has been so disappointing! My predictions therefore have to be based on what I have heard about some of films and performances (and where the other awards shows have gone to).
Read More »