This month’s LAMB Acting School features Cary Grant, who I list as one of my favorite actors. He had an incredible on screen presence and really was something else. We don’t see actors like Grant anymore, or even see characters like he played. They were always so charming and obviously he was so handsome.
The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer (1947)
An Affair to Remember (1957)
Cool Off With The Classics
Top 10: Movie Characters I Would Like To Be For The Day (to be his love interest!)
Cary Grant Week on Sky Movies
In recent years Meryl Streep has easily become one of my favorite actress. Watching her in all different types of film is just incredible, she is such an amazing actress. The most Oscar nominated actress of all, with a couple of Gold statues to go with the nominations.
The LAMB is this month going to be celebrating Meryl . . . that means more Meryl posts from Let’s Go To The Movies, in celebration of such a fantastic career that is still going so strong. I really do think Meryl will pick up a long-awaited Oscar next year for her performance as Thatcher in the Iron Lady.
Postcards from the Edge (1990)
The Bridges of Madison County (1995)
Mamma Mia! (2008)
Julie & Julia (2009)
It’s Complicated (2009)
Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009)
Can a woman be more successful than her partner in Hollywood?
Following on from the post Total Film made back in January. They have followed it up with ANOTHER 600 movie blogs you might have missed. And yes Let’s Go To The Movies features again . . . on page 4: http://www.totalfilm.com/features/another-600-movie-blogs-you-might-have-missed/page:4
Thank you Total Film!
I look forward to having a good look through the list later tonight and hope that it brings more people across my blog!
I was going to make a hundred ways you know your obsessed with movies when . . . but I decided not to put a number on it and see how many I could come up with. If you have anymore to add to the list leave a comment and they will be added. Lets see how many we can come up with!
- You have a movie blog
- You attend the cinema at least twice a week (sometimes more)
- You always know what films are released each week
- You have a Cineworld Unlimited Card
- You can quote hundreds of movies
- You own hundreds of DVDs
- You mention movie scenes in everyday conversation
- You have your favorite actors/actresses
- Your friends/family ask your advice on movies before watching them
- You read lots of other movie blogs
- You comment on other movie blogs
- You are a member of the LAMB
- When you hear certain songs they remind you of a movie scene
- You have inside jokes at the cinema
- You get excited when the Orange film adverts change
- You want to watch all of the films nominated for awards before the awards shows
- You know that in March until June/July that its mainly bad films which come out
- You have seen most of the best picture Oscar winning pictures
- You have guilty pleasure films
- You have lists of your top films split into lots of different categories
- You have attempted or attempting to write your own screenplay
- If your watching a boring film you begin to wonder how your going to review it
- You do not read reviews before you have seen the movie
- You can be biased if your favorite actors/actresses are in a movie
- You are shocked when people say they haven’t seen some of the most well known films
- You look forward to the Oscars so you can complain about the winners when you disagree
- A film which has won the best picture Oscar is a must see. You have to check if it deserved to win
- IMDb is your main source for the latest information
To be continued as thats all I can think of right now.
Comment with your suggestions.
After reading about the “600 Movie Blogs You Might Have Missed” article on the LAMB and on Branden’s blog Foolish Blatherings.
I decided to have a search and see if Let’s Go To The Movies made it onto the list and we most certainly did on the second page: http://www.totalfilm.com/features/600-movie-blogs-you-might-have-missed/page:2. Thanks Total Film!!!
This actually made me very happy especially seeing my blog next to a lot of the blogs I enjoy to read. Also I see this as a chance to have a scroll through some of the 600 listed to see if I can find more blogs I would like to visit more often.
This has been a nice week really, on that 600 list, hitting 100,000 hits and almost a year old for the blog. Good times!