I took part in this Blogathon back in 2014 for some reason or another which I am totally unsure of I didn’t take part in 2015. I must apologise for that as I totally love this Blogathon as it shows that everyone is different and don’t love and hate the same things, one of the best things about watching lots and lots of films!
The rules are simple…
1. Pick one movie that “everyone” loves (the more iconic, the better). That movie must have a score of at least 75% on rottentomatoes.com. Tell us why you hate it.
2. Pick one movie that “everyone” hates (the more notorious, the better). That movie must have a score of less than 35% on rottentomatoes.com. Tell us why you love it.
3. Include the tomato meter scores of both movies.
4. Use one of the banners in this post, or feel free to create your own.
5. Comment on this post, or on KG’s Movie Rants with the two movies you intend on writing on.
6. Publish your post on any day from Monday August 22 through Friday August 26, 2016.
Warrior – Even seems to love this and I hated it
This probably seems like a strange pick considering that I really do love a good sports film, but this one did not do anything for me other than make me annoyed. I still haven’t quite got over that Nick Nolte was nominated for Best Supporting Actor at the Oscars you cannot understand a word he says in the entire film. So I was certainly missing something with this film!
The Huntsman: Winter’s War – Looks like everyone hates this one and I actually loved it!
I honestly thought this had such a good and interesting storyline and found myself fully engaged from start to finish. It was much better than the first instalment but as you can see with the ratings it appears the critics panned it and the audience while a little nicer to it still didn’t really like it. I will continue to support this film, I mean come on Emily Blunt was added in and who doesn’t like Chris Hemsworth?