After seeing Joy last week and then catching Jennifer on the Graham Norton show it inspired me to do this blog post. She comes across so cool and that she does not have a care in the world on a chat show and has already played some great characters in film! At the age of 25 she already has an Oscar win to her name for Silver Linings Playbook as well as two other nominations for Winter’s Bone and American Hustle.
1. Vocal on women receiving equal pay in Hollywood. This was something that did not go down very well but surely showed she isn’t scared of upsetting anyone and why should she be, she’s certainly one of the brightest talents and well-respected.
2. She’s an action star, Katniss and Mystique. Took on the lead role in The Hunger Games which opened her up to a totally different audience and quite possible got an even bigger audience in for the franchise as well? Not forgetting she has a very important (and good) role in the comic book movie world as well in X-Men!
3. She loves food. Always mentions that and not bothered what people say about her weight. I just think with this she sends out good messages to young girls who will be watching and listening to her.
4. Interviews. She’s very real and laughs opening at herself, really showing how well grounded and down to earth she is.
5. She’s real. This will probably get her into a lot of trouble just saying what she thinks and not being bothered at all by what she says. I mean we all remember the naked photos that ended up online!
6. She’s already won one Oscar! Which was for the incredible crazy performance she put in Silver Linings Playbook, a film I totally loved! I am sure more Oscar glory will be in her future considering that she has also been nominated two more times already not bad at all for her age.
7. And she loves falling over, even when going to collect said Oscar! She has become well know for tripping and falling over in different places, the red carpet another place. Come on all women know the struggle of walking in heels and in a long dress, it does not always end well.
Are you a fan?