Possibly the best character in the whole Harry Potter series. As we do not know whether he is good or bad, throughout the entire series. When we think he is good he seems to do something to make us think he is bad. Then when he seems bad and evil something else happens to change our minds again. Severus Snape is the most complex character and the mystery of it all really does keep us hanging on right until the very end. We do not find out the truth until we get to the Prince’s tale.
No-one could have taken the role on the way Alan Rickman did. He really became Snape bringing him to life and the delivery of the lines are just so perfect. I just love the way he speaks and sounds so awkward at times.
10. “Yes, I am the Half Blood Prince”
9. “Turn to page three hundred and ninety-four…”
8. Severus Snape: You won’t last two seconds if he invades your mind.
Harry Potter: I’m not weak!
Severus Snape: Then prove it!
7. Well, well, Lupin. Out for a little walk… in the moonlight, are we?
6. Professor Severus Snape: What would three young Gryffindors such as yourselves be doing inside… on a day like this?
Hermione: Uh… well… we… we were just…
Professor Severus Snape: You ought to be careful. People will think you’re…
[sees Harry staring at him]
Professor Severus Snape: “Up to something.”
5. That is the second time you have spoken out of turn, Miss Granger. Tell me, are you incapable of restraining yourself, or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?
4. Dolores Umbridge: [during an inspection] You applied first for the Defense Against the Dark Arts post, is that correct?
Severus Snape: Yes.
Dolores Umbridge: But you were unsuccessful?
Severus Snape: [with annoyance in voice] Obviously.
3. Has it ever crossed your brilliant mind that I don’t want to do this anymore?
1. “Dumbledore: After all this time, Severus?